Saturday, July 28, 2012

Week 5 blog assignment



While exploring the website of early childhood Australia, I have found the research topics be very similar to the topics listed in the NAEYC website. For example, I am interested in different cultures and diversity, so I clicked on the link "A World of Difference". This book is about helping children build respect and understanding of themselves, and it includes issues and topics such as cultures, languages, regions, and so on. By exploring the website, I have found many popular topics that are related to current early childhood field, such as partnership with parents, play-based curriculum, and respecting diversity. It also includes articles about education system in other countries such as Singapore, New Zealand, and Korea.

I especially checked the book called "Learning and teaching through play" because "play" is my simulation topic in this course. I also looked at an article concerning about play, language, and social skills of children. There are many early childhood related topics that can be good professional development tools. The website clearly states the education scope of Australia. People can almost find everything they want to know about Australian early childhood education on the website. It includes good-organized information for parents and useful resources for early childhood professionals as well.

2 comments:

  1. Lufe,

    I too found the site useful and informative, particularly the article entitled Children deserve Bipartisan Support for Quality.Supporters of Early Childhood understanding and are stressing the benefits of placing our young people first, adhering to challenges arising the main priority remains that children need the best care and protection without putting any extra stains on the parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at the same website! It was very interesting with a lot of resources like you said. I wish I would have seen the article you referred to about play. Since that is my research topic, I would have loved to read more about it from their perspective.

    ReplyDelete