Saturday, July 7, 2012

My personal research journey

The research topic I chose was the importance of play and the influence it had to children's learning and development. I chose this topic because I want to let more people know about play.

My personal experience has had a great influence on me. When I was young I lived and studied in China. I was not allowed to play and everyone was focus only on academic results. When I moved to Canada, I was fascinated by the teaching styles here and it had given me new understanding about teaching, therefore I decided to make teaching my future career. Now I work in an international school in China and I want to show more Asian families about the western styles of teaching so that's why I want to do this research to let parents know the importance of play, so hopefully I will get more supports from the parents.

The researching chart is very helpful in conducting my research. I also had opportunities to check out some qualified electronic resources in the discussion board and some of them were useful in my topic.

1 comment:

  1. Karie, I did not know that in China that they only focus on academic. They are not realizing that play is very a an important part of development. I can't imagine that children are not allowed to play. You have to give them a bresk so that they can continue to concentrate on school work.

    ReplyDelete