Saturday, October 27, 2012

week 8 blog assignment

I have several hopes that I have when I think about working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds. One hope is that I want every child and their family to be treated equally and respected no matter what their background is. To make sure everyone is treated equally, we need to first get to know the family and their background. By knowing more about the background and the culture, we can slowly establish a positive and trust relationship with our families. My goal for the early childhood field that is related to issues of diversity, equity, and social justice is to involve more parents and families into the program so that children have more opportunities to learn each other’s background and cultures in the classroom.

I would like to thank all my classmates for giving me supports and sharing valuable thoughts and ideas through discussion boards and comments. By reading through the responses I have got, I have gained important and new knowledge in the field, and I have also learned different ways to support families in the classroom. I wish you all the best in the future course and look forward to working with everyone once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment